Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) on the Web
NGOs on the Internet provides an extensive set of links to many of the other NGOs with web servers.
- Amnesty International, founded in 1961, is the grandparent of organizations focused on human rights around the world.
- Ecotrust has done some great work bringing together conservationsists, industry and local people.
- Student Environmental Action Coalition is a grassroots coalition of students and youth environmental groups.
- The Rainforest Action Network works to protect the Earth's rainforests and support the rights of their inhabitants through education, grassroots organizing, and non-violent direct action.
- The World Conservation Monitoring Center provides information services on the conservation and sustainable use of species and ecosystems, and supports others in the development of their own information management services.
- The Center for
World Indigenous Studies is a research and education organization dedicated to wider understanding and appreciation of the ideas and knowledge of indigenous peoples and the social, economic and political realities of indigenous nations.
- Communications for a Sustainable Future was founded on the idea that the new technology of computer networking should be used to enhance communications with the object of reducing conflict to secure a more promising future.
- EnviroWeb is a project of EnviroLink, the largest on-line environmental information service on the planet.
Return to ARM Research Web Sites or the ARM homepage.
Copyright © Last modified: May 25, 1995